Reading Already There?

There's more to the experience than just the book. Find it here.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Confessions


Because of the seal of confession, I hesitate to say too much. But my experience so far has made me realize that the circumstances of the confessions we practiced in our cases in class were rather ideal. They presumed you had only limited pressure as far as the time you could spend. But, when someone asks for confession 15 minutes before mass, the time you can spend is limited. I'll admit to feeling torn. I don't want to deny somebody the Sacrament, but I also regret having to rush through it. Nevertheless it seems more important to allow someone the grace of the Sacrament rather than insist on having the ideal situation. I have to trust that the Holy Spirit, as the readings for this Sunday suggest, will make up for our shortcomings. It also helps me appreciate more the opportunity I have when someone comes for confession and I'm not so rushed.